Tealmama is a place to find great recipes and positive, meaningful living ideas.
You may be wondering where the blog name came from. The color teal has always made me just plain happy. And life is all finding your own happy. For me it’s decorating in my favorite color, spending time with family, sharing awesome food and continuous learning. Which is mostly what I share on this site.
I hope you find recipes you love and ideas that are helpful. I’m so grateful you’ve taken time to stop by!
[teel mah-muh] n: work at home mother with a love for all things teal and a passion for great recipes, business/financial planning and sharing knowledge with others
origin: born (and attended college and grad school) in the great state of North Dakota, raised (and currently living) in beautiful Montana — Norwegian ethnicity (looking forward to sharing some great Norwegian family recipes and traditions!)
synonyms: teal addict, mom of two
see also: foodie, former finance analyst, excel geek, planner, blogger, wife
My name is Kelsey. I recently left a very solid 9-5 finance analyst job (like crazy to leave, very good job) to start a new journey – crafting a new blog (plus building a new business with very talented partners — details to follow, we are in the process of developing our products and building the website). I have been itching to venture out on my own for quite some time.
- I realized my favorite part about the finance analyst job was preparing to leave — documenting processes and training the incoming analysts. I have a passion for sharing knowledge and helping others. More so than climbing the “corporate ladder.”
- Bottom line – I want to be at home and spend more time with my family. But also keep learning and contribute what I can.
- Everyone’s gotta eat, right? 🙂
- I’m so excited to share many of our family recipes with you. This is a natural way for me to kick off my blog. Sharing food is a great way to bond with family and friends — and create traditions to cherish.
- This is also a great way to mix things up. It’s easy for me to get in a rut and make the same things over and over. This will challenge me to be creative and keep things interesting.
Thanks for stopping! You can head over to the blog to check out the latest recipes and posts here.